Michelle here with some Thanksgiving Hostess gift ideas.
If you, like me, waited till the last minute and are now stuck on hostess gift ideas never worry! You could get a bottle of wine or some cupcakes but the check out lines at all food related shops will be BANANAS- if they have anything LEFT for buying that is.
THANK GOODNESS for the scrappy fresh air provided by Design team member Christina and occasional guest star Marie!
Chrissy’s idea: Haystack Place cards!!!
These are super easy to make and only take a few minutes. I saw these on The Twinery blog and just had to make some!
1. Cut a piece of solid card stock into a long strip about 4-5 inches wide.
2. Next, cut your fringe. I left about a 1.5″-2″ ‘blank spot’ in the middle of the strip. I glittered the one for “Mom” using a glue pad and doodlebug sugarcoat glitter. Once it dried, I rolled the strip and secured the ends.
3. Finally, decorate the middle. I used BoBunny’s “Kitchen Spice” line, October Afternoon mini alphas, Twinery twine, and stick pins from the mixed media color kits to make name plates.
Voila! You have a cute place card for your Thanksgiving table. It took me about 15 minutes to make both of these.”
Marie’s idea is a mini book with plenty of space that can be used to display the menu and schedule for the day ….
Hmmm- I am staring in wonderment at my audacity even as I write it- a “schedule” for Thanksgiving would probably read this way:
- Eat- a lot
- Argue over politics / sports
- Break up Wii or Play Station tiff
- Argue over who gets to take home what left overs
- Go home or collapse in exhaustion for the Host
Forget I wrote that. What I love about this project is that it’s got plenty of space for extra embellishment and photos in the standard 4 by 6 size. The Host wrestled a 15 pound naked bird for you- the least you can do is thank them for it!
In the midst of the holiday madness Marie was able to whip up this little ditty of a mini! She used our fantastic Nearly Nekkid Mixed Media Paper kit, some Crate papers, lace from our Lace Ribbon Variety Pack and various colors from the Punchinella Sequin Waste Variety Pack.
I hope you have a wonderful time eating, arguing with and hugging your family. I LOVE this holiday most of all because it’s about family and celebrating what a year’s worth of hard work and patience has reaped.
Filed under: inspiration |